Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming through Roon - DSP/ upsampling considerations?
Was surprised to find that there isn't a whole lot that comes up on searching about roon on the Devialet forums.

I'm trialing Roon currently and especially intrigued with the DSP features around upsampling (Sample rate conversion)

Wondering what are some general DSP settings that others have found beneficial while streaming music through Roon?

A couple of areas that I'd appreciate some input would be:
  • Playback of DSD files: given that Devialet converts all files into PCM, does anyone do DSD > PCM conversion in the Roon Sample rate conversion tab and upsample DSDs to max bit rate PCM?
  • Upsampling in general: For all native PCM format files (e.g. flac) - do you upsample to highest PCM rate (I've noticed that Roon upsamples to floating 64bit + 384KHz), but then it downsamples at the output to meet Devialets max bit rate (192?/ 178?)
  • Upsampling in general: anyone upsample PCM format files into DSD for Devialet playback? I can't see why that'd be a good idea given it'll be reconverted back into PCM
Would be awesome to hear what you've been doing!
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro

Messages In This Thread
Streaming through Roon - DSP/ upsampling considerations? - by zambie - 12-Dec-2019, 19:04