Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Advice for Home Theatre with Phantom Gold+NAS+Plex
Currently using an Apple AirportExpress to stream music from iTunes to a pair of original Phantom Golds via a Dialogue 
(No, I have not updated the firmware on the speakers yet, but will do so when I move). 

I'm about to move into a new home and want to (finally) set up the speakers to be able to play movies in sync.
What is the best way to ensure sound is in sync? Optical In? Ethernet In?

I plan to store my movies on a NAS, and view on the TV using the PlexApp on a 4K AppleTV.
Ideally, I'd like to stream the movies via WiFi.  But QNAP also makes a silent NAS with HDMI out that can be directly connected to the TV.
Is the direct HDMI connection that much better than a stable WiFi connection to the Apple TV?

How would I send the audio to the Phantom's in this kind of situation?

Ideally, I'd like to have the capability of playing back in 3.1 (or eventually 5.1)
I'm assuming that the Reactors are a good solution for the rear and voice. Is there a big difference between the 600w and 900W for this setup?

I'm assuming I need to purchase some kind of equipment, both to get the sound in sync, and to split it for 3.1/5.1 but not sure what I need.
I also need to preserve my ability to play to the speakers from the Mac/phone with Airplay.
Don't mind to invest in the right tool to get the job done, especially if it can be done wirelessly.

Grateful for suggestions.

Messages In This Thread
Advice for Home Theatre with Phantom Gold+NAS+Plex - by mlondon - 24-Dec-2019, 08:15