Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Advice for Home Theatre with Phantom Gold+NAS+Plex
(25-Dec-2019, 03:00)mlondon Wrote: Thanks @Snoopy8, @njaiswal & @jespinal1

I see this is not going to be straightforward :-)....

I read about SensoriumAVR integrator, but I live in California (about 1 hour north of San Francisco), not New York, so that is not an option.

I also read thru the thread: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...-and-Dante
But there seems to be some disagreement regarding whether the Phantom Golds and Reactors can co-exisit in one system or not.
Does it depend on the age of my Golds?

I dont mind investing in extra equipment, and even paying someone to configure for me, but dont really have time to kludge together a system and then spend time sorting out the bugs. Is trying to get a working 5.1 system too ambitious?
So Devialet has system integrators all over the country.  You need to call them and ask them to refer you to one that is near you.  Tell them you want to setup a custom home theater using Dante... let me know if that doesn't work and I'll ask my contact if he has a counterpart on the west coast.  The diagram I posted includes 2 home theaters as well as Phantoms for the rest of the house; that's why its so complex.

I have integrated reactors and premieres into a "5.5" system but it did take some work and I needed to add delays to the premieres to have them in sync with the reactors.  According to Devialet, I'm one of the first customers (maybe the first?) to mix reactors and premiers into a home theater... hence the challenges I ran into...

I spent a good amount of time and money to get my system up and running and I think its completely worth it.  My wife loves that I have removed a significant amount of equipment from the house.  And with Dante, I was able to give her and the kids the same experience as they had with the older "5.1" system.  Win/win!
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for Home Theatre with Phantom Gold+NAS+Plex - by njaiswal - 25-Dec-2019, 14:28