Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of going back to Phantoms :)
Hi Jammington,

I own two pairs of Phantom Golds and I recently bought a pair of Reactor 900s for my workplace. First I must say that I'm a huge fan of Devialets sound quality, and almost as hugely disappointed in their ability to develop stable software for the speakers. Our Sonos system in the rest of the house/garden is running circles around devialet stability wise.

So when it comes to sound quality there is no doubt that the golds are better in all registers. BUT correctly placed the reactors are really impressive. On stands, positioned 50-60 cm from the back wall and in a acoustically dampened room you just forget that they are so small because the sound is huge. The bass is as expected the most impressive register to start off with, and if you are not a big bass junkie just focusing on house music, they will do just fine and go deep enough for you (and your neighbours Smile. The mids and the highs are the registers where I think there is room for improvement, female voices sound a bit congested and they will not really "open up" sound wise. The highs are OK but not brilliant.

The soundstage is HUGE and as with most smaller high quality speakers, they disappear in the soundstage and the positioning of instruments and singers is really cool.

For that kind of money there are better speakers around, maybe not as small with this kind of bass register but with better mids and highs at least...and i would perhaps wait some time until Devialet get their software right...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking of going back to Phantoms :) - by kg.fredrik.klein - 30-Dec-2019, 09:57