Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
(13-Jan-2020, 18:15)f1eng Wrote:
(12-Jan-2020, 22:22)alaw Wrote: If I had found this forum before I purchased my expert pro, I would probably have looked else where. Unbelievable what a load of unhappy moaners it harbors. No wonder Devialet try to ignore it. And Complaining about resale value is a new one... perhaps it’s lower than desired because potential buyers come here first?
I don't come here often because of all the complaining.I am completely happy with my amp. I use it hours every day. I configured it the way i wanted it years ago and haven't changed it. I don't see this as a disadvantage since I have never changed another amp' configuration in 50 years of owning hifi Smile
I believe it is musically transparent and adequately powerful. I most like the rotary volume control on the remote.
I have old Phantoms (from first batch) which don'y have blutooth so can't use OS2 but other than that a very, very content customer.
I am also satisfied with my amp within the limitations I use it and the compromise I have made on Phono input because the standard phonostage is noisy and not representative of the quality product it is supposed to be.

Having said that, we need to get real. When Mathieu Pernot (Devialet Expert head engineer) attended Oxford Audio Consultants on 17th July last year, he presented as a very demoralised company employee and I suspected he was sympathetic to some of the challenges about the Expert range he received, albeit he had to keep to the company line. He did however reveal that the Expert line was not selling world wide in the numbers needed for good company profit and made a comparison with large volumes of Phantom  sales. I cannot recall the figures he quoted but what he said made it clear to me that the Expert range would not be a priority. Ian @thumb5 was our scribe at that meet and I’ve checked his report which centred on a set of questions asked on this forum. It maybe that he recorded the statistics Mathieu gave at that event and can explain in more statistical detail. I hope so, because what Mathieu said made it very clear to me where Devialet’s priority will lie. If the Expert range does not turn the profit their other products do, no wonder all is quiet on the Expert upgrade/bug fixing/development/communication front.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.

Messages In This Thread