Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
(13-Jan-2020, 21:38)Greg Wrote: ...
Having said that, we need to get real. When Mathieu Pernot (Devialet Expert head engineer) attended Oxford Audio Consultants on 17th July last year, he presented as a very demoralised company employee and I suspected he was sympathetic to some of the challenges about the Expert range he received, albeit he had to keep to the company line. He did however reveal that the Expert line was not selling world wide in the numbers needed for good company profit and made a comparison with large volumes of Phantom  sales. I cannot recall the figures he quoted but what he said made it clear to me that the Expert range would not be a priority. Ian @thumb5 was our scribe at that meet and I’ve checked his report which centred on a set of questions asked on this forum. It maybe that he recorded the statistics Mathieu gave at that event and can explain in more statistical detail. I hope so, because what Mathieu said made it very clear to me where Devialet’s priority will lie. If the Expert range does not turn the profit their other products do, no wonder all is quiet on the Expert upgrade/bug fixing/development/communication front.

@Greg: the figures I think you're searching for are in @Confused's post following the event:

Quote:One interesting statistic came up in conversation, apparently there are about 7000 Expert amps sold, the Phantom & Reactor range is now heading over 100,000 units and counting.  Also consider that the Expert is the older product and hence has been available longer.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread