Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
TV -> toslink -> Phantom: contrôle sound
(22-Jan-2020, 13:35)seb Wrote: The sync option in Apple TV settings is using the mic of the iPhone to control when the sound actually arrives (you have to hold it close to the screen). This data then is used to adjust the audio/video signal for lip-sync. The other variable here is that the Apple TV Remote can control the volume of a TV (it can learn the infrared code), but it also controls AirPlay volume. It depends on your TV what it can/should and cannot do (e.g. switching to an external speaker thereby not using the internal speakers). So there are indeed some options, depending on the setup.
I was not clear enough I think ... This adjustment is made for sending data in Airplay from an iDevice to the ATV.
So this parameter will take into account the latency of my iDevice (wifi quality, distance, etc.) when it sends data to the ATV (video and sound).
In my case, it is the ATV which sends the image on the TV (HDMI) and the sound on the Phantom (wired in RJ45) in Airplay. So nothing to have, once we are in Wifi and the ATV receives the data and in my case it is the ATV which sends the data in ethernet.

++ §hu

Messages In This Thread
RE: TV -> toslink -> Phantom: contrôle sound - by theshur - 23-Jan-2020, 10:03