Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound
(12-Feb-2020, 09:04)quartz78 Wrote: hi @jacob
they will also ask you to check that all your devices are on the same, latest, DOS version (2.9.0) and that you have the latest app, too. Also worth checking out: is Dialog light white? and not blinking? And they will ask you to send a report from the app if everything else fails (should be sent when you are experiencing the issue). You should continue pushing them to get to the bottom of this.

Now, the hardware in the Dialog is bound to be different from the one in the Phantoms, so it is possible that you feed a stream that is recognized by the Phantoms and not by the Dialog. Sadly, no list of the supported formats is provided by Devialet, so it is kind of trial and error. It may even be that on the same model manufactured at different moments, the supported formats are not exactly the same. I recommend testing in plain PCM, 44.1 / 48 at 16 bit, to maximize chances of success. Do not try to use Dolby or DTS streams.

Why use Dialog at all? Good question. As a third optical input, the one which is not necessarily at the same physical place as the Phantoms. Or, if you have a very old Phantom without AirPlay, a Dialog (with MFI chip) will allow you to play AirPlay. On newer Phantoms, it does not matter. The difference between optical in dialog and phantom? Normally, none. But as I said, the list of supported formats may not be the same, and it appears (see other posts in the forum) that the latency on the Dialog is actually worse than if you use optical input on the Phantom directly, due to a firmware bug. I think, for a stereo pair, feeding directly into a Phantom makes more sense, if you can allow it aesthetically, because then the signal goes through the network only once instead of twice. Also worth noting: the Dialog does not have advanced settings for latency and network interface, as the Phantoms do. So, less possibilities for tweaking your connection here.
The funny/tragic thing is, that the delay with dos 1 +dialog by coincidence exactly matched the delay in video through my wireless hdmi-to-projector setup. This is not The case with dos 2 + phantoms.
2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark

Messages In This Thread
Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 26-Jan-2020, 16:31
RE: Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 07-Feb-2020, 13:07
RE: Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 12-Feb-2020, 17:49
RE: Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 16-Feb-2020, 12:31