Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound
(12-Feb-2020, 20:43)quartz78 Wrote: @jacob I presume the latency is higher now? Because otherwise, you can always add the extra latency in the "latency" settings in the app.

It is unfortunate, but anything wireless inevitably adds latency. If it is a major problem for you, I advise full Ethernet setup + setting the latency to the minimum in the app (minimal latency will most likely not work through Wi-Fi).

It is also possible to compensate for latency when streaming in AirPlay. Only some sources will do it, though. I know that AppleTV deals well with the latency, delaying the video by the appropriate amount of time. On the other hand, I doubt very much that this "smart latency correction" will work if you AirPlay YouTube content from Safari on a Mac. Then again, using AirPlay on a Mac is a vast topic and the results may be wildly different depending on whether you use AirPlay on the system level (top bar) or directly from an app (such as iTunes).
Support asked me to verify the DOS version of Dialog. I confirmed that it was latest version, and re-added it to my seutp in the app.
But not nothing happens when I select the dialog as optical input. As alway, switching the optical cable from dialog to left phantom works immediately.

I tried from an iPhone that ran the newest iOS to see if it might be my old iPhone. Same thing. 

I have now gone through the pain of partly disassemble my wall and installed an optical cable to the left phantom. Since my previous setup was powerline to phantom only, it was aesthetically perfect, with a single white cable from the wall to the phantom, with the best way to fit this. See picture.
It was remarkably hard to plug in the tos-cable to the back of the phantom when actually hanging on the wall. Since the tos-cable has limited lenght at this point, it need to be fitted when the speaker is in position. Almost impossible....

Now I have an obsolete Dialog if anyone should be interested.

Cheers,
Jacob

2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark

Messages In This Thread
Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 26-Jan-2020, 16:31
RE: Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 07-Feb-2020, 13:07
RE: Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 12-Feb-2020, 17:49
RE: Dialog + dos 2 +plc = no sound - by jacob - 16-Feb-2020, 12:31