Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Network with Devialet
(31-Jan-2020, 22:54)CongoFather Wrote: Hi,
I currently have Sotm SNH-10G network switch fed by Sbooster LPS. Mac Mini and Devialet 220 are connected to it with Supra CAT8.
I have another standard unmanaged switch which I am planning to replace with Ubiquiti Unifi us-8-150w(not bought yet). It also has 2 different 1Gbps-SFP port.

The smart Tv, NAS, satellite receivers etc are all connected to this switch. I am planning to connect  Sotm SNH-10G and Ubiquiti Unifi us-8-150w with an optical cable.
Do you have similiar experiences? What do you think about this network topology? Do you advise any other switches(Mikrotik etc) instead of Ubiquiti Unifi us-8-150w?

All Ubiquiti here (my main switch is a 16 POE-150 with a 8 POE-150 serving all the bedrooms at the other end of the apartment).  I have to say that a few years down the line I couldn't be happier with my choice.  Rock solid, superb management UI and a constant stream of firmware updates.  POE is a godsend as it enables you to position the wifi access points for coverage rather than proximity to power outlets.  I don't use optical (yet) but at some point I will have to upgrade the connection between the two switches to optical to save space in the ducting so I can upgrade the wired cables for the stereo from CAT 5e to 6A or 8.  

But 5 strutses out of 5 for Ubiquiti from me at least!

Messages In This Thread
Optical Network with Devialet - by CongoFather - 31-Jan-2020, 22:54
RE: Optical Network with Devialet - by struts - 31-Jan-2020, 23:26
RE: Optical Network with Devialet - by struts - 02-Feb-2020, 20:01
RE: Optical Network with Devialet - by eladeb - 07-Feb-2020, 22:59
RE: Optical Network with Devialet - by Antoine - 07-Feb-2020, 23:30