Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick with Devialet or switch?
(09-Feb-2020, 07:02)WTree Wrote: There are few important factors that need to be included for more clarity on the way forward

- Listening Room Size
- Listening distance (near/mid/far)
- Treated Room / bad acoustic room / in between
- Listening volume 
I agree with you.

These listed are the main points before to consider if choosing a Phantom, above all Golds tha can sound pretty loud. I have a 38 squared meters room and 2 Golds but Classics would do be good for the  job anyway.
I will soon move Golds in a 70 squared meters open space listening room and listening from 8 meters distance. If you like some loud volume, probably Golds would make sense more into this respect because they can really fill up the room with music even at loud volumes with no distortion.

Room acoustic is a standard condition to be considered for every speaker anyway, but if you play loud with Phantom Premiers, that is to be considered even more carefully together with a good position and setting of a stereo couple. Being very close to room corners or too close to rear walls without proper stands is impacting the final good result in the sound image and bass control. This is true for the most of standard hifi speakers, but these toys can easily play so loud that is pretty engaging to increase the listening volume too.

I would consider to move to other brands if your goal si different and how much loud you like to play music.

Messages In This Thread
Stick with Devialet or switch? - by battlefork - 09-Feb-2020, 02:58
RE: Stick with Devialet or switch? - by WTree - 09-Feb-2020, 07:02
RE: Stick with Devialet or switch? - by massi.rav - 09-Feb-2020, 09:14