Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Shows Connection But No Music
You haven't answered slaw's questions about how your 200 is connected (ethernet or wifi) and what is displayed on the window on the top of your 200. That information could help.

Since you're seeing the Air icon on AIR icon on the top bar of your MacBook I'm going to ask another question: do you have the Devialet AIR app installed on your MacBook?

If you do and you have Devialet AIR showing in Roon's Audio settings, then I would suggest trying the following:

- delete the Devialet AIR app on the MacBook, You do not need Devialet's app if you're using Roon's version of AIR. Move the Devialet app to your trash and then restart the MacBook.

- open the Roon app on the MacBook after the restart. Go to the Settings menu in Roon and check that your 200 is showing as an endpoint and that it is active.

- mow try playing some music. You may need to increase the volume on your amp if you're using the amp's default volume setting of -40 dB.

If you now get music then the problem was probably that you also had Devialet's app active on the MacBook. Were you using it before getting Roon? You no longer need the Devialet app running on your MacBook if you're using Roon and there can be problems if you have the Devialet app active as well as Roon. If everything is working fine without the Devialet app, then you can delete if from your trash and forget it. Just use AIR from within Roon.

If that doesn't work, let us know and also tell us how you're connected and what the window on the top of your 200 shows.

Also, if you're using wifi can you connect by ethernet instead? When I first got my 130 I had problems connecting by wifi and in the end swapped to an ethernet connection which solved my problems.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon Shows Connection But No Music - by David A - 17-Feb-2020, 02:47