Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have Phantoms back in my life! :) How does low latency affect sound quality?
Just got some Phantom Golds back in my life after a brief affair with some Kii Three 

Very excited to try to the new OS and software, and so far not disappointed I have to say. Smile Initially thought it was all going pear shaped when they started cutting in and out - but switched to PLC on the lovely new app and it fixed instantly. The balance also seemed out for to me as well - but then I got a pop up saying 1 speaker had an update - and once done one the balance was sorted out too! 

Also discovered the new TV sync option which is absolutely perfect when I set to minimum latency! I can have the TV volume up and Phantoms up and there is zero echo! It used to be good enough for me on the old OS, but I could tell it was slightly out due to that echo. 

Anyway - on that subject, I have my TV and Tidal IPhone going into a Dspeaker antimode to flatten a huge bass hump at 50hz in my room, and then optical out to the left phantom.

And I don’t really want to bother changing latency depending if I send Tidal or TV to the left phantom - so how does it affect overall sound quality in theory leaving at low latency? The other end of the scale is called High Stability, so if that is all then I can just wait and see if I get stability issues?

Anyone know anything else I might be missing out leaving music set to low latency?

Thanks all - look forward to joining in the DOS 2 discussions now Smile

Messages In This Thread
I have Phantoms back in my life! :) How does low latency affect sound quality? - by Jamington2004 - 28-Feb-2020, 20:27