Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been listening all night. Don't want to stop.
(11-Mar-2020, 09:54)ogs Wrote: Your setup is actually very clever. Audio routing within the SHD Studio allows you to send L and R to separate outputs. I researched a solution like this for Phantoms (to skip Dialog and Spark) a few years ago. At that time there was no (good) way to do it. If the SHD+Dirac existed back then I'd be a Phantom owner myself today!
Some Toslink implementations can support 192kHz. The main optical on the Expert amps and the Mutec for example. And the 'big' Phantoms... I do not think high sample rate is the most important, however. My current setup is limited to 24/48.

I know I can send 24/192 over Toslink, but there's a cable length stability issue on long runs (from what I've researched), so 24/96 has been the safe norm. I suppose all Phantoms could have been designed to receive 24/192 over Toslink, but 24/96 is safe. Anyway, I don't get hung up too much on these numbers.

The routing on the SHD is excellent. It allows for a great crossover, whether bi-amping speakers or for subwoofers. Or send a stereo signal to a headphone amp via 3 and 4.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i

Messages In This Thread
RE: Been listening all night. Don't want to stop. - by supaDean - 11-Mar-2020, 13:32