Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long are your speaker cables?
(19-Mar-2020, 11:01)Axel Wrote:
(19-Mar-2020, 01:34)sfdude Wrote: I have a fireplace that we use for about 4-5 months out of the year. That is in the center in between the speakers and even a low equipment rack would potentially be subjected to a lot of heat from it. So I've decided to situation the equipment rack and gear on the LEFT side of the speakers. This necessitates a longer cable from the right speaker to the Devialet.
I have a similar  layout to you, with a central fireplace and my equipment rack in the left hand alcove, with the left hand speaker to the left of the equipment rack. Because the speaker cable to the right speaker runs underneath the floor, I need 6 metres of cable. I could have gone for a three meter cable to the left hand speaker, but when I bought my cables, I was under the incorrect impression that both runs had to be the same length, so I’ve got 6 metres each side.
It's not completely an incorrect assumption. It is better to have full symmetry. The key question is whether you have greater asymmetry sources than the asymmetry of the cables.

It also depends whether you are confortable with the idea or not... because it is about perception and if you will alway have a doubt about asymmetric cables and it spoils your enjoyment, better go the safe route and be symmetric.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
How long are your speaker cables? - by sfdude - 18-Mar-2020, 21:40
How long are your speaker cables? - by no32 - 18-Mar-2020, 22:13
RE: How long are your speaker cables? - by Jean-Marie - 19-Mar-2020, 12:31
How long are your speaker cables? - by no32 - 19-Mar-2020, 02:39
How long are your speaker cables? - by no32 - 20-Mar-2020, 18:35