Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Legacy System Extension - Devialet Air
I'm not remotely qualified to discuss software issues, but I was involved in advising a developer for a CADD software program. I only want to pitch in and say that the Catalina OS software is probably a significant change from Mojave, and that there are many, many things in an OS that can play havoc with other applications. I observed that Apple keeps all sorts of things secret for a long time (as Microsoft probably does as well) and that it can take real time and effort to update independent apps to work with the new OS.

I believe that there was information around that noted that AIR is not compatible with Catalina, but I can't remember where I saw that posted.

I'm not defending Devialet but I am saying that in this case, D. AIR may need time to be made compatible; it is not always a simple thing to do. And I've been having more problems with AIR on my OS Mojave iMacs than I did in the past, and I can't get Airplay to work anymore. So in this case, I'm having issues as well.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Legacy System Extension - Devialet Air - by Damon - 29-Mar-2020, 16:16