Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
@Decameron,

I can't answer your question because I know nothing about electronics. My response above which you quoted was based on my knowledge of human hearing, I used to work in occupational health and safety before I retired and had to learn a bit about hearing protection which gave me some background on what we can and can't hear plus also a bit of background in acoustics because some of the work I did at one stage was slightly related to the acoustic treatment of telephone call centres in order to keep ambient noise levels (all of those operators in cubicles talking on the phone in an open plan space) down at a level where it didn't interfere with their ability to understand the person they were talking to.

What I can say is that my first introduction to Devialet amps was when a friend with Marin Logans bought the original D-Premier for his system. It sounded great and my positive response to a Devialet in his system eventually led some years later to my buying my Expert Pro. I definitely didn't think that sound quality was an issue with the original D-Premier and one model of speaker in the Martin Logan range and I never noticed any other problems but it's not really possible to generalse from a single case.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by David A - 25-Nov-2023, 20:38