Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
@David A - Agree completely. I will say that on several occasions over the many years of reading Stereophile, I have seen them reach out to the manufacturer when testing detected significant abnormalities. I have also known them to retest on a separately provided piece of gear supplied by the manufacturer when such unexplained issues arise. In other words, Stereophile's methodology is thorough, beyond reproach, and performed in the interest of both readers and manufacturers.

IMHO, Amir/ASR holds little credibility, yet has somehow attracted a strong following. The truly unfortunate outcome from such reviews is that manufacturers get clobbered and customers miss out on significantly good products.

IMHO....

-- if the D200 he tested was already faulty, that could certainly explain the strange results he found and likely explain why the unit failed.
-- if the D200 was good at the start of the testing, then his aberrant test results and ultimate failure of the unit could be explained through gross negligence in his testing.

In truth, we have no idea, but having owned a D200 as many of the folks here have, I'm far more likely to believe either of these two alternate possibilities before I would ever believe that the D200 was as poorly designed as he suggests.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by mdconnelly - 30-Mar-2020, 21:43