Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
Confused ' Wrote: Is there something more suitable?  Maybe analogue is better?  Are there issues with multi-meters presenting a resistance of their own?  There is a whole topic here I think.

Multimeters are unsuitable for making AC measurements at high frequencies, they are mainly designed for making AC measurements at 50 or 60 Hz. You are quite lucky you did no damage to your speakers by attempting to make high frequency measurements at potentially such high power levels.

If I understand the level control on the Devialet correctly, if for example you were using a 2 volt input signal into one of the analogue line inputs, and the maximum level for the line input was set to 2 volts on the Devialet, with the volume set at 0dB then the amplifier should be outputting a signal at full rated power.

If that was the case you would surely not be able to be in the same room with the power at that level!

The only way to achieve a meaningful measurement would be to replace the speaker with an 8 ohm resistive dummy load rated at at least one kilowatt. You could then measure the peak to peak sine wave AC waveform with an oscilloscope across the terminals of the dummy load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by disarmamant - 04-Apr-2020, 20:00