Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
(12-Apr-2020, 06:23)Music or sound Wrote: Just thinking about all these measurements maybe it would be better to use the D250 for the low end and an other amp for  the mids/highs.
Would seem to me to be a crying shame to use your 250 for low end only as the mid and high level is exceptional from that equipment

Have the opportunity to upgrade to a 1000 and have the slave on loan. I won’t try to do a comparison now as I have not long set it up. However, it has really stuffed up my AV setup. I use the Devialet to drive the front speakers and noticed last night that the whole sound was a mess and realised that although my Denon amp was controlling the Devialet via line out the Devialet was supercharging the volume to the fronts. I am going to use Audyssey today to reset it all even though Audyssey and the Devialet originally gave me problems anyway. From having the settings for the Devialet powered front speakers at -12 dB and the centre at -3.5 dB, I have all of them now at -3.5 dB. Anyway, let’s just say that going from a 250 to a 1000 changes the beast completely and not just subtly. Ferocious amount of earth shaking but detailed power at the low end, and lots more detail at mid and high end.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Gerronwithit - 12-Apr-2020, 08:50