Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
whatmore Wrote:
ssfas Wrote:They got the unit back. It was blown up under unofficial testing, it was not under warranty and was repaired free of charge with doo-to-door collection in 3 weeks during a pandemic. 

And people are still complaining, calling it a disaster. 

Some people will never be happy. But I am, as I have a 250 CI and I and my family enjoy it tremendously!

Seems they got the unit back with zero communication from Devialet.
No comment about why it had failed.
No comment about the measurements that seem to make a lie of Devialets claimed specs.
Why?

Poor form on Deviaet's part. But I guess we've all become inured to their lack of communication.

I would refer you to my comment in post #124 of this thread, to quote:

Do I expect Devialet to respond and clearly explain all this?  OK – If Devialet respond directly stating something like “yes, it is an inherent aspect of ADH, they can only produce 20W at 20kHz”, then I would be so surprised I would gladly eat my remote.

So a narrow escape for myself, I can continue using my remote for its intended volume adjusting purposes, and have a nice sandwich for lunch instead. Angel

Joking apart, although not surprised by this, I am disappointed that there was zero response from Devialet.  Not even a mention of why it failed?  If it was mine I would at least like to know what needed to be replaced or if a particular item was repaired. I would have expected at least something.  Also, checking in at ASR it looks like they do not intend to perform any measurements on the repaired unit.  Personally, I would have been very interested to have seen this done, in particular to see if the phase shift issue was still there (rather than maybe being a quirk of a failing unit), plus I would have liked to have seen ASR's measurements via the digital input.

But now we shall never know!

@ssfas - I have to agree with you that it is impressive that the unit was repaired and returned within three weeks, and at no charge. This actually gives me a degree of confidence in terms of long term ownership as the end of my 5 year warranty slowly approaches. Plus, as subjective comments are permitted here, mine is sounding good too!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Confused - 14-May-2020, 14:31