Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
@markush - on the first page of this thread there is a link to the ASR review.  If you read the last page (page 37) of the ASR thread you will know as much as anyone does here.

With reference to my post #142, the FFT curve does look a lot better for the "repaired" unit.  This does make me wonder, I guess it is just possible that Devialet returned the amp as a 220 Pro, and Amir did not notice this when he set the amp up to do the dashboard check.  Unlikely perhaps, but not entirely impossible.  To be honest, it does not look like ASR intend to test the returned amp anyway, so it is a rather academic point.

Here are the FFT curves for anyone's easy reference, with the "old" amp FFT first, the new / repaired amp FFT second:

As can be seen, whatever Devialet sent back, it is performing a little better than the original D200 that was reviewed.  So could this be because it is now a Pro?  Not impossible I guess.

One thought occurred to me.  Following the Pro upgrade scheme Devialet probably have a very large supply of old Expert boards in storage somewhere.  I have this image in my head of the broken ASR reviewed D200 arriving in France, and a Devialet tech removes all the electronics, goes to a big skip at the back of the building, finds the innards of on old D200, brushes of the dust and mould, sticks it in the case and sends it back.

Of course, the easiest way to work out what was returned is for whoever has the amp now to power it up, and read the display.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Confused - 16-May-2020, 08:42