Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Stereo - Disturbed Stereo Image - One louder than the other?
I have some updates. Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet.

On DOS 2.9.0 the speaker played a centered stereo image after a full reset (8 seconds push), after both speakers were plugged into the same plug and after I did a new set up via the APP. However, after switching the plug off and on again, the synchronisation of volume got lost sometimes. Also, when they are not plugged into the same multi plug, the synchronisation doesn’t work and the newer speaker is louder and hence way too dominant in the stereo image. Means, before I can enjoy listing to the speakers I need to do a full setup of the speakers. This is very annoying!

The day before yesterday I upgraded to DOS 2.10.0 full of hope this might improve the situation. I was disappointed! It worsened the situation by a lot. Now I am not able to center the stereo image at all anymore. Even not after a 8 second push, unplug and plug into the same multi plug and a new set up via the APP. The newer Gold remains the clearly dominant speaker in the stereo set up as described in my initial email. I tried a full reset many times and it didn’t work a single time.

What I have now is a Stereo Pair of Golds for 6000€ which is not able to play a centered stereo image since the newer speaker is clearly louder than the older one. I think, the root cause for this is a physical difference between the newer and the older Gold (older speaker gets hot, the newer not) which sometimes works to be balanced by software. However, this software balance is very unstable/not working.

I spent hours and hours in testing, resetting, comparing etc the speakers and now I am really at a point which I think is not acceptable for a high end, high price stereo set up. I also asked Devialet for support and will keep you posted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gold Stereo - Disturbed Stereo Image - One louder than the other? - by Bbnsound - 01-May-2020, 09:03