Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
I've been looking to replace my mac mini music server for some time now and intend to go with a streamer/renderer. From what I've read, the Aurender line has the most appeal to me. I've read here that a number of people use them and I wanted to ask for a current recommendation in light of their recent product updates.

I just noticed at whatsbestforum a notice that Aurender has an updated line coming out and some of the info is now on their website. I imagine with CES this week there will be more specific information to follow.

It appears the X100 is being replaced by a N100 model and the S10 is discontinued and replaced by the N10. Preliminary prices as noted;

The N100 will be available at the same price as the current X100S(6TB) at approx. 3.500 USD.
The N10 will be slightly more expensive than the S10(2GB) at approx. 7.000 USD.

Given the various digital inputs on the Devialet, is there a particular Aurender that should sound best (by USB, spdif, AES?). I have a robust ethernet and wifi home network available as needed.

I use a Synology NAS for my music library files and intend to try TIDAL (or similar streaming service) once I get a new device in place, so I guess I'm actually looking for both a streamer and server appliance.

Ignoring cost, is there a compelling reason to pick one model over another for best sound quality using a Devialet? Given the N100 $3.5K USD versus N10 $7K USD cost multiple, would you anticipate the sound quality difference to be significant?

Thanks
Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.

Messages In This Thread
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by kenreau - 06-Jan-2015, 01:43