Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
Hi Kenreau

Aurender has W20 which is the flagship with the best implementation they could muster and different digital outputs and built in storage.

Next in line is the S10, it doesn't have the same sophisticated processing but has the same external design, digital outputs and storage.

The X100 (S or L) inherits many of the qualities of the W20, especially the excellent implementation of the USB audio output.

The new line N is almost like the X but without the internal storage and hence is solely for NAS streaming. As such it is not replacing the X but is simply a new line being offered by Aurender.

I use the X100L 8 TB with impeccable sound quality using USB to D400. Search for Aurender on the forum here and you will find many posts I have on the Aurender X100L

For your case, you have a solid network and a robust NAS on which you can install the server of choice so you maybe better off with N100 however I still prefer the reliable performance of the built in storage of the X100

Finally the limitation of both the X and the N is the single USB digital output which maybe limiting especially with Devialet where you have one USB input. Also it could be a more challenging problem with the introduction of the Dialog which will initially connect only to the D via USB.

Finally you may want to wait and see what will the Dialog offer as it may play very well with your robust network and of course with your Devialet.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by amabrok - 06-Jan-2015, 08:43