Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(14-Jan-2015, 19:05)kenreau Wrote: I submitted the USB, SPDIF, AES port format question to Devialet and got a very prompt response I thought would be beneficial for the group

Thierry Massoubre (Devialet)
Jan 14 09:13
Dear Ken,
Thanks for your message. Basically, the 3 inputs are as qualitative (provided that the USB output of the Aurender is asynchronous). The selecting factor will be more linked to the distance between the different elements.
 A USB cable shouldn't be longer than 2 to 3m. If you intend to have a wider distance betwenn the Devialet and your server, you may consider using the AES/EBU input. Mind using a genuine 100 Ohm digital cable in this case.
I hope this helps you.
Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks
 Kenreau

I assume by "Qualitative" Thierry means equivalent?

and i confirm that Aurender usb out is async.

what will be ideal if any of the members here on the forum own W20 or S10 as they will be in a position to do a direct comparison between the different three outputs and how each one plays with Devialet
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by amabrok - 14-Jan-2015, 19:15