Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had the chance to do it all over again...
(07-Mar-2021, 03:58)Jml2155 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2020, 10:36)f1eng Wrote: If I bought anything other than my Devialet it would be DSP active speakers but they tend to be more suitable for file based music systems which I don't like.
I rather fancied this:-

https://www.genelec.com/film-drama-post/...ive-system

for films and music.

Hello, I'm thinking of changing my Harbeth speakers for Genelec 8351's for more dynamic sound and possible subwoofer and easy room optimization.
I would like to feed the Genelecs with all my sources, LP, analog, Roon and other digital sources.
The digital output of my Devialet 200, pre-amp output, could be (full-range ) via XLR AES\EBU to the Genelec.
So I would reuse the pre-amp side of the Devialet.

Do you think that setup is feasible ?
Do you think the volume could still be controlled by the beautiful Devialet control ?

Thanks,
Jacques    Smile 

Looking at the Configurator it says that the AES/EBU is a balanced digital input. There is an option to enable sub/preout but I think this is only available via RCA. If this is the case then it may be possible to buy a converter/adapter for RCA/XLR and a dealer should be able to advise.
The Genlecs have Ethernet connections so it may be possible to link to the Devialet via your LAN and the connection  controlled by Genlecs GLM software but again, a dealer should be able to clarify.

Edit: Looking at the GLM software description it appears that this is for room acoustics compensation so I don’t think it will help in your case.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you had the chance to do it all over again... - by Axel - 07-Mar-2021, 09:08