Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon streaming wireless or wired and why?
I finally tried Roon, based on the experiences that @David A related in another thread. I have to say I am impressed, extremely good integration, so thanks @David A !!. Only thing I needed to do is put Roon Core on an old PC I have and leave that one mostly untouched. With that, I can run DSP, upsampling and all the nice little gadgets. When I was running both the UI and Core on the same Mac, also an old box, then I would get some crackling, but now, over wifi I can consistently go to 192khz/24bits, which ends up being almost 10mbps streaming. I am using Google Wifi directly connected to my D200 and the two PCs, roon core and roon client over wifi.

Another great surprise, which I know may not be interesting to folks here is that with Roon I can songcast (equivalent of AIR) to my old and Trusty Linn Majik DS-i which seems to be fully supported by Roon. I also get there 192khz/24bits.

Hmm, for some records, I like the tone of the Linn chakra amplifier, analogic, a little more colored, but fantastic strings sound. For other records I like the precision of the Devialet.
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon streaming wireless or wired and why? - by Coffee_fan - 26-May-2020, 06:28