Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System simplification ideas ...
Dear all,

I've been looking at Devialet Phantom speakers for a while but with the Reactor line I am quite tempted to get a pair of it.
However I have an existing setup and if I don't simplify it, I will just add another pair of speaker in my existing setup!

So for the moment I have a regular home cinema amplifier (Yamaha rxv675) and a 5.1 speaker set (KEF). Usage is mainly to be able to connect lot of different sources (PS3/4, Switch, HDTV box, Media box, Karaoke set with a mixer, etc.)
On top of that I have a little Teac tube amplifier with stereo speakers. Main usage is to connect to it via Bluetooth and play music wirelessly.
I also have a Bluesound Vault 2i that serves as a music centre.

So the question is: If I was to purchase a pair of Reactor 600 or 900, how can they fit into this mix system?
Just having a pair of Reactor would be ideal but I would loose the 5.1 capability for like watching movie.
Having a pair of Reactor to replace the HC front speakers and Stereo speakers would be a nightmare to manage the cable splits (Not sure it's even possible).
And having a pair of Reactor on top of the existing would be a no-go for my wife as it will be another set of speakers with some duplicate usage ...
I would also prefer a "cleaner" setup ...

If anyone has came into this dilemna (to own a pair of Reactor on top of a mixed setup), your ideas are welcomed  Angel

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 12-May-2020, 07:27
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by ogs - 12-May-2020, 12:04