Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System simplification ideas ...
(15-May-2020, 09:43)Snoopy8 Wrote: This could be one way to have a simplified setup and have both stereo and HT using the Reactors:

For stereo, continue using the Vault 2i for your stereo playback.  Volume control using Vault 2i.

For home theatre, use the left and right preouts from your new AVR to feed the Vault 2i.  You will need use an analog to digital converter to feed the Combo - TOSLINK / 3.5mm audio input.  Volume fixed on Vault 2i. Volume control using AVR.

Regarding an AVR, will need one which allows for the 60 ms latency of the Reactors.  I believe Yamaha AVRs (max. 71 ms, 80 ft speaker distance adjustment) can do this, but Marantz, Denon fall just short (53 ms, 60 ft). NAD, Anthem can do max. 27 ms, 30 ft.

@njaiswal is the residential home theatre expert here. Will the above work?
Unfortunately, no... the problem with the reactors is that they hardcoded a delay into the processing.  So you need to add a delay to the KEF speakers to align them with the Reactors and in my experience most home audio gear can't compensate for that... :-(  Best route is to go with the Premiers running DOS1 until Devialet adds optical direct mode to DOS2 with <1ms latency.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante

Messages In This Thread
System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 12-May-2020, 07:27
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by ogs - 12-May-2020, 12:04
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by njaiswal - 16-Jun-2020, 12:22