Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudden humming/buzzing appearance
Hello everyone. I have recently acquired one gold phantom (about 3 weeks ago). Yesterday , out of a sudden, a humming noise kept appearing after pausing every song (a humming that lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds). Same humming appears every time i turn on the speaker from its standby mode. 5-10 secs of humming then stops. On a recent note, today, i tried resetting the speaker (the whole 30 sec off, plug in, 30 sec wait, 3 times power button) while also moving the power cord into another socket. On top of that usual humming sound on startup, it developed 2 new noises. At the end of every hum, it emits a bop-like sound. I don't know how to describe it... like a splash of water drop. A very dim sound, but still an annoying sound. And the second noise, after i put my speaker in standby mode (by long pressing the power button) it emits a high frequency noise. Kinda like a high pitch buzzing. Speaker's power cord goes into an electric extension cord with 5 sockets (1 occupied by the router, 1 by my desktop monitor, 1 by the speaker, and 2 of them by the chargers for 2 laptops). I have read somewhere on internet that the buzzing and humming are caused by electromagnetic induction or magnetic fields, things that pretty much any thing with a running motor have. 

Need to mention that I also get these exact noises/sounds/whatever you wanna call them(except for the high pitch sound after turning the speaker off), on my other bluetooth speaker (100% bluetooth, no power cord needed, Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus (don't know if this info helps, but thought I'd write it down just in case)).

If anyone can please supply a solution or at least explain to me the causes of those sounds, it'd be much appreciated. Thank you!

PS: I messaged Devialet , both on instagram and facebook and no response. So this forum is pretty much my last chance of fixing it.
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote

Messages In This Thread
Sudden humming/buzzing appearance - by bogdan.filipovici - 25-May-2020, 17:31