Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next step streaming
(07-Jun-2020, 11:51)Confused Wrote: @KraaijCheck - can I ask how you are using your Roon serve NUC at the moment? That is, does it feed the Devialet via USB or are you using AIR or the Roon integrated AIR?

What ever the answer is to the above, have you ever tried this versus the alternative route and how find the differences, if any? (Which might be (Roon) AIR or USB, depending on the first answer)

I know that when I was running an Expert I achieved very good results using the Mutec MC3+USB, in my case fed by a Sonore microRendu. That said, I tried many things and personally had a preference for devices feeding the Deviaet via the AES/ EBU input. I then note that you did not like the Auralic Aries G1, which does have AES/EBU output, but maybe you tried this via USB? If you did try the Auralic Aries G1 via AES/EBU, this does suggest that your preferences might be slightly different. (although I have never actually heard the Auralic)

Just based on my own experience, I find myself tempted to say you should try a Mutec MC3+USB, which you could feed from your existing NUC, and would provide AES/EBU for the Devialet. It is hard to say if this would suit your own ears though, and I am guessing the Mutec would be a very hard thing for you to get for demo. Although companies like Thomann offer Mutec products a 30 day money back guarantee. Just a thought, and there is much written on the forum regarding the Mutec, see link below for some additional reading.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Mutec-MC-3-USB

The auralic just wasn’t the right match in my system. It made it way to analytical and sucked out all the good things.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Next step streaming - by KraaijCheck - 07-Jun-2020, 10:20
RE: Next step streaming - by thumb5 - 07-Jun-2020, 10:46
Next step streaming - by KraaijCheck - 07-Jun-2020, 11:10
RE: Next step streaming - by Confused - 07-Jun-2020, 11:51
RE: Next step streaming - by mdconnelly - 07-Jun-2020, 12:47
Next step streaming - by KraaijCheck - 07-Jun-2020, 15:33
Next step streaming - by KraaijCheck - 07-Jun-2020, 15:38