Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No cable is the best cable
Am not sure where you are going wrong. I have had my 250 Pro for over three years now and have recently upgraded it to a 1000 with only my own mistakes causing any real problems. I have not really bothered trying to connect it via WiFi as it is very near my router and is thus connected via a cheap switch alongside quite a few other devices. In fact WiFi is disabled on the 1000. Roon is based on my fairly ancient MacBook Air that talks to Tidal via WiFi. The only problems I have is if the MacBook is not restarted every couple of days which causes the dreaded and annoying track skipping. I might go for a Roon server so that I don’t have to open up the Roon app on my MacBook and keep it open to access it via my iPad or iPhone but probably not a Nucleus. My wife has just accidentally closed the lid and switched it off - again! 

I, of course, am not even trying to have multiple sources of music or higher resolution music than delivered by Tidal. As to the connectivity to the router, it is a Sky router which may or may not be the weak link between Devialet and the internet so am not about to get precious about my switch or cabling to the router. My internet speed is about 30 Mbps which drives everything in the house ie TVs, laptops, mobiles, cameras, hive etc etc. I just checked and have 40 Mbps with 16 concurrent attached devices.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
No cable is the best cable - by Petter - 10-Jun-2020, 13:55
RE: No cable is the best cable - by Gerronwithit - 10-Jun-2020, 14:55
RE: No cable is the best cable - by Drifter - 10-Jun-2020, 16:47
RE: No cable is the best cable - by sam1000 - 10-Jun-2020, 22:01
RE: No cable is the best cable - by Manfred - 11-Jun-2020, 14:33
RE: No cable is the best cable - by flohmann - 13-Jun-2020, 17:41