Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good quality Toslink cable for Phantom Gold...?
Looking for people with experience of using the Toslink port in the Phantom Gold's for 192/24 quality tracks  with no problems, drop outs, etc....that can recommend a good cable...?

To give some context, after waiting and waiting and waiting for Roon support in our Phatom's and to solve my need to have good Chromecast integration for voice control (Spotify) I bought this fantastic all-in-one box the Primare NP5....when I thought I finally found my nirvana and just could star enjoying my music...new problem...not all Toslink cables are made the same and at High Resolutions around 176k+ things get messy with the signal transmission and I'm having issues playing 192k tracks with the Golds, it loses the connection all together "no cable connected", etc....this High Res world it's just a mess... ? ....if I set things to 96k all works fantastic, not a prob with my Toslink standard cable...but I don't need this system for that res and just feel like selling the all thing and go back to my "normal" analog speakers world I came for....

Messages In This Thread
Good quality Toslink cable for Phantom Gold...? - by rsemedo - 19-Jun-2020, 04:15