Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience
(16-Jul-2020, 12:16)ICUDoc Wrote:
(14-Jul-2020, 13:04)David A Wrote:
(14-Jul-2020, 11:28)PeppaPig Wrote:

Additionally, the EtherRegen runs very very hot, especially summer I feel unsafe to leave it on 24 hours 7 days. It might be safe but it just make me worry. It’s so much hotter than my 1000watt Expert 1000 Pro after 2 hour of loud play.

Where do you live? I live in sub-tropical Australia and got my ETHERRegen in January, the height of our summer. It was a hot summer, you may remember we had all of those bushfires down the east coast of Australia. Here in Brisbane we regularly hit temperatures in the mid-30s Celsius. Yes, the case gets quite warm but I've been running it 24/7 since January including through two of the hottest months of a hot summer without problems. Uptone Audio say that yes, the case gets warm but it is running at temperatures within the operating specs of its components.

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Hi I am in Victoria.

It might not be an issue. But it just shouldn’t be that warm, for no reason a switch should be that warm. I guess It’s the hottest device in my entire system, I think it indicates something is not done properly.

Like many thing it won’t be a problem but it just not right, it should not. Otherwise there is something not done in a proper way. But this is my personal view.

I took it out and using WiFi. For a period of time I use AirPort Express converting WiFi into Ethernet, very stable.

Messages In This Thread
EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience - by PeppaPig - 17-Jul-2020, 10:59