Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Programme Shipping Concerns
Hi Guys,

After finally getting hold of a second Expert 250 I am thinking of taking advantage of the new upgrade programme pricing and sending off our Expert 800 to be upgraded to a 1000 Pro. On reading the terms and conditions I was quite surprised to find that although Devialet arrange all of the transportation of your units they relinquish themselves of all responsibility for the outward journey from us to them, so your amplifiers are basically uninsured and if they get lost (or damaged) before they arrive at Devialet HQ then it's tough luck, it's your problem not theirs. 

I find this quite surprising and wondered if people were aware of this? It's a bit of a strange situation as usually the person who arranges the shipping also arranges the insurance but I've had it confirmed by Devialet support that this is not the case. I appreciate that the chances of the parcel going missing are small but it's definitely something to be aware of. 

To those of you who have taken advantage of the upgrade programme, did you buy 3rd party insurance or just take the risk?

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade Programme Shipping Concerns - by Laura - 31-Aug-2020, 12:23