Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Phantom Gold doesn't support 192/24, surprising answer from support??
(03-Sep-2020, 21:52)Pim Wrote: @rsemedo You have been ripped off mate but not by Devialet. here's no musical information above red book so whoever sold you the 24/192 probably told you a lot of lies. They all do.
Here is an email I received from Dr AIX, one of the very few gentleman who records in real high res and admits there's no discernible difference between high res and red book for the consumer.

The last time I checked this the percentage of those who detected a difference was just under 70%. Mr Waldrep also supports his views with the firmly debunked A-D-A loop test by Meyer and Moran from some years ago. Not reassuring in my view.
I do not think that 16bit or 44.1kHz sounds bad. I've got lots of CD rips. But I believe that early downconversion from 24/xxkHz to 16/44.1 sounded worse than it does now. Mr. Waldrep's research doesn't convince me and I do not think @rsemedo has been ripped off.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold doesn't support 192/24, surprising answer from support?? - by ogs - 04-Sep-2020, 11:42