Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Gold Phantom to an amp and/or sub
(07-Sep-2020, 09:42)ogs Wrote:
(07-Sep-2020, 08:23)bogdan.filipovici Wrote: So basically, all I need to do is connect my mac to that MiniDSP SHD, connect the minidsp to either a Cypress DTC-2 or to a Coaxial to TOSLINK Optical Digital Audio Converter (TAA Compliant), and then simply connect the converter to the phantom through an optic cable. Have I got it right? And if so, which port from the minidsp do I use to connect to the converter?

Yes, that should work. You would use the RCA SPDIF OUT (1&2) for this. Note that the SHD Studio has the same signal processing as the SHD only without DA converters. For Phantoms you only need the digital-only version. If you decide you want a subwoofer later, I think you can find subs with digital inputs. Or you can easily find a cheap-ish standalone DA converter if the subwoofer only has analog inputs

Alrighty! Thank you so much for clearing this up for me! Big Grin
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting Gold Phantom to an amp and/or sub - by bogdan.filipovici - 07-Sep-2020, 09:55