Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to all Etherregen users
I got my EtherREGEN in January so it has now been running for nearly 9 months. In that time I think I have had 3 dropouts from network problems, the last several months ago now. I have had no dropouts from the Roon RAAT bug in Devialet's firmware. The only input I use is the Roon Ready input via an ethernet connection..

I think you need to make a very clear distinction between avoiding the RAAT/ethernet bug and the dropouts that causes and avoiding dropouts for other reasons. In my experience the EtherREGEN has been completely effective in dealing with the RAAT/ethernet FW bug but the EtherREGEN is still a network device and it isn't going to fix any network related problems you have which may also be causing dropouts. Occasional dropouts occur on networks for a variety of reasons and the EtherREGEN won't prevent problems occurring on your network which can cause dropouts. It's a fix for one cause of dropouts with a very specific cause, Devialet's FW bug, but it's not a fix for any and every other possible cause of dropouts on a network.

If you're getting problems with a 10/100 switch, the problem may not be the FW bug because connecting the Devialet to the B-side 100 mbps port of the EtherREGEN does solve that problem and from comments I've seen here, a 100 mbps connection from any switch should solve the problem. Are you sure your connection to the switch is 100 mbps, not 10 mbps which will be too slow for high res files?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Question to all Etherregen users - by pvanosta - 05-Sep-2020, 09:00
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by David A - 05-Sep-2020, 09:59
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by Pim - 06-Sep-2020, 03:55
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by anan - 23-Sep-2020, 11:31