Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Roon Changes - Devialet Impact?
(12-Sep-2020, 10:00)agentsmith Wrote: I understand my Devialet is still supported by Roon RIAA for the foreseeable future and of course any DAC can connect to Roon via USB.

I am concerned about Devialet's promise of the future by way of a CI platform upgrade, asking for thousands of dollars from us and almost immediately drop the whole platform.

If this was a normal DAC/Amp without promises and selling us more future with upgrade money no one would complain.

Many of us let go of almost $8K for the upgrade after 10's of thousands investment for fear of being "left out", and that is exactly what they have done.

Roon is just one example, I actually don't need Devialet for Roon support, my dCS network bridge will be well supported by dCS for a long time.  My prior experience with their Debussy DAC was the best ever, they kept updating the Debussy for almost a decade, offering a hardware upgrade from 24/96 to 24/192 and DSD for $1xx USD, with the dealer coming to my home to install the board.

I know the argument of "the amp still plays and makes the same music" argument, but we expect more because we paid more specifically to get more.

What are the key improvements you would like Devialet to deliver?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major Roon Changes - Devialet Impact? - by bernardl - 12-Sep-2020, 21:09