Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External DAC for Expert PRO
(04-Oct-2020, 15:49)Very interesting! This is my first post because Im considering upgrading my speakers to the Alexia2 but I don’t wanna change the amp, I don’t wanna those big heavy class A boxes. So im searching for info about how a external DAC performs, the amp on the 440Pro e very good but the DAC after 3 years is dated. The idea of the MScaler connect diret to the 440Pro maby should work… But don’t know if is not better to buy a all new DAC like the Le DAC from Metronome.I would like to know if someone already connect an quality external DAC to the Devialet by RCA. Wrote:
(23-Sep-2020, 11:53)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Does anyone use an external DAC with the Expert PRO amplifier?
If so, then what DAC model? Does using it improve sound quality?

Funny, about six months ago I decided to make the move to the external DAC as I was building a second system of sorts with a more traditional power amp. 

I bought a Chord Mojo and a decent 3.5 to RCA.  Crude, but suddenly I noticed that my 140 just became more...musical.  A few months later, I took the plunge and picked up an MScaler (upscaler/digital filter/mystery device) and a TT2.  MScaler can start arguments.  

I have had the combination in different configurations, and enjoy using the TT2 as a preamp, and even with a pair of Focal Studio monitors.  But on and off, and then for the past week, I've simply been running the MScaler via optical to the 140.  The difference is stark.  I could run the MScaler to the TT2 and then line-level analog into the Devialet, but regardless of what level of upscaling is chosen (the TT2 can do redbook 16x I believe), optical is limited to 24/192 and I have found that I very much enjoy this setup.  Timing is (almost) everything, and I just find that I am more satisfied than I have been with my system since the start.

Messages In This Thread
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by JohnnySix - 23-Sep-2020, 12:28
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by ogs - 23-Sep-2020, 13:40
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by bernardl - 23-Sep-2020, 12:51
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by bernardl - 24-Sep-2020, 00:37
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by awkaplan - 04-Oct-2020, 15:49
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by HelioLima - 20-May-2022, 12:26
RE: External DAC for Expert PRO - by Vivialet - 25-May-2022, 09:38