Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Tweak for Ethernet input
(13-Jun-2014, 16:00)Antoine Wrote: Hi Herman, thanks for sharing! I'm already reading about lots of great results with the GISO's, they seem to be better than the Acoustic Revive one as well. I find the prices a bit steep though, I haven't seen it confirmed yet but I read €250 for the 100Mbit/s version (which is enough for the Devialet) and €350 for the 1Gbit/s version.

I'm assuming you put the GISO between your dedicated music PC and the Devialet? Do you also use 'special' ethernet cables in your setup before or after the GISO?

Hi,

I bought the 1 GB model as I read this provided the better quality and is more future proof.
My Audio Pc is connected to a router.
The Devialet and NAS are connected to the same router.
The fully passive Audio PC and the Devialet are in the same room. The NAS is in another room and on another floor to cancel any noise interference.
In this setup I opted to put the GISO between the router and the Audio Pc, as the route between these two is the longest and the Audio Pc gets the cleanest signal.
The GISO delivery box contained a short ethernet cable to connect the GISO. I believe it's cat 6. The connection form the Devialet to the router and the Audio Pc to the router is also Cat 6. The connection from the router to the NAS is Cat 5.
The most unexpected thing is that I even noticed a change in sound for the better using one of my Naim powerlines on the NAS.
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantastic Tweak for Ethernet input - by Hermanh - 13-Jun-2014, 16:42