Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Quick Questions - buying Advice
Hey there,

I have been looking to build a good 2.1 computer setup, mainly for gaming (I have a separate system for music). I was looking at a bunch of powered speakers and integrated+passive speakers and then thought "why not Phantom Reactor"?

If I go that route, I would get 2 Phantoms for stereo, either the 600 or 900, doesn't really matter to me, I think that both would work. I wanted to ask a couple of questions please:

1. Do you think this is a good way to go? To use the Phantoms as desktop speakers?
2. How would I connect them to my computer? The sound card has a simple 3.5mm jack. I can buy a dedicated sound card with other outputs if needed.
3. Are these speakers reliable? Any known issues?
4. Can two phantoms work in stereo with no physical connection?
5. I mentioned that I want to build a 2.1 system, but if I can get away without a Sub, it would be great. Do these speakers generate a good amount of bass? Or would you supplement with a small Sub?

Just to clarify, I will not be using their wireless capabilities to stream, or anything else. They will be hard-wired to my gaming desktop. Really appreciate the feedback. The alternative would be a KEF LS50 Wireless II system.

Thank you in advance!

Messages In This Thread
A Few Quick Questions - buying Advice - by killergurt - 17-Oct-2020, 02:04