Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 week with my NEW Expert Pro 440!
(31-Oct-2020, 10:48)Pim Wrote: Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I reads like quite some journey. If you want to get even more out of your system, buy 'Get Better Sound' by Jim Smith. Read it. Learn from it and set your speakers up the way he teaches. As @Laura gets a bit OCD about your second amp, I look at where the speakers are situated and think by myself that you're not even listening to 50% of the quality available to you. You can get that extra 100% just by moving your speakers around.

Good luck and happy listening.

Cheers,

Pim

Thanks Pim!

I'm aware there is a lot more that can be gotten out of them.  Just doing the best I can at the moment with integrating into the 'main' room with family, dogs, etc. 

Here is a pic of the room (with the LS50's) so you can see how NOT perfect it is for true audiophile listening. 

I will check out the book.  Could probably move the speakers a bit wider.  They are 11-12 inches from the rear wall...(KEF said minimum of 9).  I have them next to the tile fireplace as out of the way. 

I'm guessing moving them wider would be a simple thing I could do?

In the end...even how they are....they sound pretty good.  and I will take any improvements I can get!  

Thanks for the help!

Have tile floors, and lots of glass.  and the room is about 20' wide, and the first 'square' part of the room is about 22' deep then the shape opens up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)

Messages In This Thread
1 week with my NEW Expert Pro 440! - by SoCalB - 31-Oct-2020, 03:04
RE: 1 week with my NEW Expert Pro 440! - by SoCalB - 31-Oct-2020, 21:24