Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 week with my NEW Expert Pro 440!
(31-Oct-2020, 23:04)Pim Wrote: There's actually quite a bit to like about the set up. There's no rear wall reflection to worry about. The part of the room where the set up is has high ceilings so no reflection issues there either (Maybe from the ceiling wall behind you but I wouldn't think that's a biggy)

You would be surprised but taking the speakers further apart isn't what I would be looking at. Jim found by trial and error over the years that on average he ended up about 83% of the distance from your tweeters to your ears as the distance between tweeters. In your case, they look to be about 2m apart and your are sitting about 3m away, so you could come into the room by another 50-60cm or so. That's good for sound stage. Your tweeters are also quite low to the ground due to the d'appolito designs you'd want to tilt the speakers backwards. Also, toe them in a bit.

All these things are guidelines and a place to start from, NOT rules. One thing I can say that for every hour you spend on setting your system up, you would have to work ten days to pay for better quality gear to get the same improvement in sound quality. The improvement it that profound.

Enjoy!

Thank you!

I ordered the book you recommended, and found a PDF of his 31 tips that he did before the book.  

My head was partly spinning...and I just had to step back.  Music is supposed to be fun, and all in all, the system sounds GREAT and was a huge improvement.  

I'm sure I can get more out of the system, and in time, I will.  Especially when I buy a place and can set it up appropriately from the beginning. 

For now, I'm NOT spending the majority of my time in the exact middle of the couch where both speakers are equidistant.  I do when I listen...but that isn't the majority of the time. 

I'm just enjoying the sound and the enjoyment it is bringing to others.  I will go through the book when I get it, and see what 'simple' things I can start with and see what improvements I can get out of it. 

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)

Messages In This Thread
1 week with my NEW Expert Pro 440! - by SoCalB - 31-Oct-2020, 03:04
RE: 1 week with my NEW Expert Pro 440! - by SoCalB - 01-Nov-2020, 18:12