Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Pro-Upgarde on a D400
Bug 
Hello,

In early October I sent my D400 to Paris for the upgrade. On October 22nd they came back, sealed boxes with 440pro label - everything seemed fine.

After I unpacked the amps on October 23 and put them into operation, the problems began....

On the Companion, the following things were wrong from the beginning:
1. the brackets for the cable cover are loose and wobbly, so that the cover does not hold tight
2. when the device is on, there is a hum/buzz in the power supply.

The master on the other hand was without problems according to first findings. The holder is fixed and the device is absolutely silent in operation.

After several mail and phone calls with the hotline, the Companion is on its way back to Paris since Friday and should arrive there tomorrow.
In the meantime, I have played in the master a little and was able to enjoy the music for many hours last Thursday and Friday.

Yesterday I turned the system back on via the "Gordian" from LAB12 - and the master remained silent.

After a few tries and disassembly from the wall as well as further attempts with different power cables at different sockets, the following situation is shown:
- after plugging in the power cable, the red LED on the backside turns on for 3-4 sec. and something is briefly visible in the display.
- after the 3 sec. the device is completely without power, all lights are off
- after about 7-8 sec. the red LED lights up again for 3-4 sec., then again without power
- this process is repeated one more time, after that the device is permanently without power

Now, after a 4.000€ expensive update, I am completely without an usable amplifier, after the 400 ran without problems for over four years...

So I will contact the hotline again tomorrow at 10:00 am...

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany

Messages In This Thread
Problems with Pro-Upgarde on a D400 - by tom539 - 01-Nov-2020, 12:53