Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Audio Violin SE speakers - SOLD
Hello All,

In spite of the current impediments to travel, things in our family have changed, and we now expect to be away, mostly in Italy, for four to six months each year. To do this we will need to rent our house, and it just makes no sense to have a lot of hi fi equipment in the house, or sitting in storage. So we've agreed to simplify our lives and that includes selling the sound system. 

Ideally I would sell the whole system at once, but otherwise the speakers really need to go first; it is easier to sell an amp without a demo than speakers. So, I'm not yet ready to sell the amp on its own. 

I have a beautiful pair of Lawrence Audio Violin SE speakers in Rosewood. An 8" carbon fibre fabric woofer and a 6" AMT tweeter on the front, as well as a smaller ribbon tweeter on the upper rear face, giving the high frequencies a very open, spacious sound. These have stands specific to this speaker, and the speaker is bottom ported, making them quite forgiving of placement to the wall behind. I'll attach a link to one review by Terry London, whom I spoke to personally about these speakers. He had the next larger Lawrence Audio model, the Cello, as his personal reference for a while. These are tonally beautiful, quick without being sharp, and in beautiful condition. I have these listed on Canuck Audio Mart as well. 

The amp was upgraded to Pro CI in November 2016, so has one year of warranty left. It is in excellent condition, having never been moved from it's shelf except for trips to France (which I did not get to go on). I'm including three Orea Bronze footers, and two 12' lengths of Analysis Plus Oval 9 speaker cable, which is outstanding. The amp is on a shelf, and is a pain to get to, so I haven't dismantled things just to get beauty shots. I'm confident in it's cosmetic and functional condition. No faults ever registered on the display. 

I love the system, and I've had nothing but happy, trouble-free service from the system, but selling the system just makes sense now. As the speakers are large, a local sale is probably easiest, but I have all the original boxes so shipping may be workable. 

All in, except for shipping, I'm looking for $9,500.00 CDN for the system as described, or $4,750.00 for the speakers alone.  I can send more pictures or a video if you are interested. 

Thanks very much. 

https://hometheaterreview.com/lawrence-a...-reviewed/

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Lawrence Audio Violin SE speakers - SOLD - by Damon - 02-Nov-2020, 02:16