Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Audio Violin SE speakers - SOLD
Tongue 
@thumb5

Thanks very much. It has been a tough decision to come to, and it is still a tough one to stick to. We listened to music last night after dinner, and it was wonderful. We turned off the lights and took turns picking songs. Electronic music from The Polish Ambassador and Delerium, to Caro Emerald and Jordi Savall. My wife outlasted me and I left her to her musical guilty pleasures, which usually ends up with John O'Callagan's 'Surreal' played at levels that lets the neighbours enjoy the music as well  Tongue

Once I had the Devialet and LA speakers in place, I lost interest in shopping or even caring much about the equipment, and that has been great. Even with the compromised listening / positioning we have, the sound has been superb. We give up sound staging stuff, but that has always been less important than tone and 'complete' sound to me. 

Now, as we refine our retirement plans (or our hopeful plans) we're adjusting our attitudes to the house and other possessions. The speakers are big enough that keeping and storing them is a problem, and I don't see much sense in storing the amp for months at a time either. These things come and go, and even though I am very dedicated to Devialet, and music, I am not precious about these things. Not anymore, I guess. I can't remember the last time I updated anything on the amp, other than to add a CD transport input. Even the bass guitar collection may go next (but not the '72 Fender P with original pick-ups and the slim A neck). Big bass amps and cabs, yes. Sorry, deviation alert!

As I type, I realize that forums can be a funny blend of public and individual conversations, and I don't mean to clot up the public forum with vague ramblings. But then, now that I've typed all this, I'm not going to waste it. 

Part of me would like to find a Dev Chat member to inherit this gear, as this group is the nicest musical family I personally know of. Very limited experience, certainly, but I do feel that way. A DC member sale would be keeping the stuff in the family, in a small way. 

There you have it.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawrence Audio Violin SE speakers & Devialet 220 Pro CI system - by Damon - 02-Nov-2020, 18:35