Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog dies frequently? Update to DOS2?
Hi all,

Long term stalker of these forums, but I finally had a question... and I need some advice.  I have three Phantom Premier Classic (The all white ones) speakers across my apartment (two in a stereo pair in the living room and one in the kitchen), a Dialog unit, and the older remote.  I almost exclusively interact with the setup by using AirPlay to the Dialog from my phone or iPad.  The Phantoms are all connected using PLC and are all old enough that they do not have AirPlay included. 

Recently the Dialog unit has started to die (for lack of a better word) randomly killing my setup.  Weirdly, just unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes this without any need to setup everything again.  I've setup a smart power switch that I can use to do that remotely from my phone, but it's kind of annoying.

I was looking at the reviews of the new Devialet app from the app store... and they're pretty dismal with people talking about dead Phantoms, etc.  That has me slightly worried and the documentation for DOS2 seems slightly vague. So I have a few questions.  

The fact that a power cycle restores things makes me think that this might be a software issue.  Is there a more permanent way to reset the Dialog or reinstall the firmware?  (The three click method hasn't resolved this issue.)

If I upgrade, can I still use my Dialog to connect via AirPlay?  Would I have any way of using AirPlay since none of my Phantoms have it?

And lastly, should I worry about all of the bad reviews I'm seeing about DOS2 bricking phantoms?

Thanks for the input!  
Justin

Messages In This Thread
Dialog dies frequently? Update to DOS2? - by justin_0 - 24-Nov-2020, 06:50