Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog dies frequently? Update to DOS2?
Thanks for the replies!

That's good to hear that people are having good luck with DOS2.  I think I'm going to see how annoying / long lived my solution of using a smart power outlet with a Siri shortcut -  "Hey Siri Fix it!"  - to power cycle the Dialog holds up.  I had also considered upgrading to DOS2 and then using another vintage piece of tech (Apple Airport Express) to handle the output Phone > AirPlay  (To Airport Express) > Optical out > Phantom.  That would only be in the worst case scenario where my Dialog is really dead/dying...

I'm in the States which is partly why I'm currently obsessing about my indoor technology ... Happy Thanksgiving!

I did email Devialet.  They provided the below guidance to do a factory reset in case someone else has similar issues.  I tried this and have gone about 48 hours since my last required reboot of the dialog, which is a marked improvement. 

2. Is there some other way to do a factory reset of that unit?
    the process to reset your Dialog to factory mode : 

- The Dialog is not plugged to the socket(Just Unplug the power cable from the power socket)
- Plug it 7 seconds
- Unplug it for 3 seconds
- Plug it 7 seconds
- Plug it 7 seconds
- Plug the Dialog and stand by
( - reset to the factory the Dialog (3 clicks should be followed by a pink LED, then rebooting: white blinking LED, then booted: white solid LED)

Justin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dialog dies frequently? Update to DOS2? - by justin_0 - 27-Nov-2020, 03:59